Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunday, May 27th Lesson

Hi all you dear sisters.
 We had a glorious RS meeting at a week ago Thursday night and were so blessed to get to know each other's needs and hearts better. Thanks to a very in-tune President, Sister Laurie Haslem we can all be better sisters. Now all the focus in on mothers. And,  since Mother's Day is Sunday, happy Mother's Day to you all. If you are like I used to be or even worse , like my sister, maybe you want to run away on this holiday. One of my sisters always did. However, I have a better idea. 
Our coming RS lesson is on mothering, based on an inspired talk by Cheryl Esplin in April conf. I hope you will make time to read it pp 10-12 of the May Ensign or online and then come to class on May 27th prepared to share stories from your own lives or others about how mothers and grandmothers you know helped their children not just know but UNDERSTAND and of course live the doctrines of Christ. I have heard a few recently from a niece and a sister-in-law.
I hope these next two weeks can be a wonderful time to read the message, practice what it suggests and then share ways to really grow in our very demanding, but significant family callings.  I am eager to hear you share ideas and feel the Spirit together again.
Love, Terri

No comments: